• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And the man Gods smiled on Nick

nbristow01

My wife had planned on riding with me to Mid Amercia, ok 6 hours each way on the road with my wife in my 02...hmmmm. Then the other evening she asked me if i would be upset if she did not go since she did not want to be away from or 3 year old for 3 days. I told her no, that i would miss her but would try to deal with it.....I raced to my email and my mechanic friend Brad is now riding up with me. We are heading up from Dallas/Fort Worth area in full force so you guys get ready. I believe 6 or 7 of us so far. Well I guess as full force as 6 or 7 cars can be anyway

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Ok...I remember your post the other day about "your mechanic" making some rather unorthodox repairs on his own vehicles. Now you state that his name is "Brad". Would his last name happen to be Fenn?

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

You should buy your Wife her own '02. Then you don't have to endure enless chat.

Yvonne managed to keep in touch with the cells on our V@V trip last year and will no doubt do the same this year to Eureka, so there's really no escape. Hehe.

post-17424-13667623543234_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Well Brad is Fenn. He said he thought he could do the valve seals without pulling the head. It ha been a while since he had worked on an 02. A few weeks ago he was at the engine swap party and got a good look at the motor again. He told me his memory of the motor was wrong and the head would need to be pulled. SO I went ahead and yanked the head, took it to a machine shop to go ahead and have a good valve job done and seal etc. Brad seems like a nice guy and does work on some of the Clubs 02's once n a while in the past. He is heading up the Opel show in Dallas and involved in a big european car show coming soon here in Dallas. Real car guy, cars are his life

Do you know Brad Fenn?

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Yeah, Brad and I go way back. We grew up in the same neighborhood in Dallas. He's several years older older than I am (grin). He inspired me in my passion for "foreign" cars BIG time before I was even old enough to drive. Brad's like McGyver...he could repair a Ferrari Enzo with zip ties, a Bic lighter and a six pack ring and drive it from coast to coast. Excellent mechanic for sure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Wow thats great you know him!!! yep he is coming with me on the trip. Great guy. Car guy to the core for sure. FAQ is lucky to have a guy of huis depth of knowledge and experience coming to the show.

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

He seems to be very well known. He takes his cars to shows all over the place. No trailer queens..he drives them. He has an opel gt he has had for 25 years. He said about 20 years ago thehead gasket let go so whenver the car had pressure in the radiator it leaked water into the cylinder and blew steam out the teail pipe. He said he cut the gasket out of the radiator 20 years ago and has been that way every since. Gotta love that!!!

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle