• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: '76 2002 w/ Sunroof & 5sp in NC ***SOLD***

R_Harmon

Looks like I will be pursuing other modes of enjoyment/distraction so I must regretfully sell my newly acquired ’76 2002 with 124k+ miles that is located in Greensboro, NC (Zip 27455). Relocating to Northern Virginia in the very near future.

Purchased in late January from a forum member here that had taken good care of it while he was restoring his Touring by having the cylinder head removed, resurfaced, all new hardware installed with 3 angle valve job performed. Engine has less than 1k miles on it since rebuild. I recently performed the 500 mile head re-torque and valve adjustment. He also installed all new suspension and exhaust from Ireland Engineering plus many other bits that are listed later.

This car looks great from about 20’ or more out but as you get closer, it’s age and blemishes reveal some need for body work/paint attention. Over all the body is in really great mechanical shape with mostly just spots of surface rust in the usual places. The original bumpers have been swapped for an early bumper conversion and repainted this silver color (originally cinna-braun) by a previous owner.

The body trim has been worked on in the past but could use some reconditioning also. The rear shock towers are in excellent shape and no apparent rust anywhere on the floorboards. The windows and sunroof work very well but could stand to have their seals replaced.

The suspension and powertrain on the car are great. The car handles very well, steers quick without being too stiff. The 5 speed gearbox mated to the diff. allows the stock motor to accelerate the car without requiring constant romping or fuel stops. I have really only driven the car on a few errands over the past couple of months and estimate that I have put less than 300 miles on it. I recently replaced the distributor cap, rotor, wires and distributor shaft seal and all interior gauges, indicators and exterior lights work.

The Good features:

Stock 2.0l motor, including cam and head.

5 speed conversion

e21 3.91 LSD

e21 Recaro Seats and Steering Wheel

Weber 32/36 w/ water choke

IE Shorty Headers

IE Stainless Steel Exhaust

IE Urethane Motor Mounts

IE Sway Bars Front & Rear

IE Springs with new Bilstein Sports

Urethane Subframe mounts

New Differential Hanger mounts

New S14 Starter

320i Radiator

002 Distributor w/ new cap, rotor, wires

Pertronix Ignitor

Bosch Blue Coil

New Tie Rods & Center Drag Link

New Coolant hoses throughout engine bay

New Rear cleared light assemblies (subtle, not ricey)

MSW 14” basket-weaves w/ Sumitomo HTR200 (good tread left)

BMW Quick Ratio Steering box (see pictures)

The not-so Good Features:

Heater blower motor needs replacement

Heater valve has minute leak (see picture)

Small rust bubbles under paint in various places

Front & Rear valence could use some bodywork attention

Window and Sunroof seals need to be replaced

Doors, Trunk & Gas Cap do no lock (keys do not fit)

Dash has cracks

I am open to serious buyers, including tire kickers and interested enthusiasts who would like to check it out. I WILL NOT part the car out. C-list bottom-feeder types, Nigerian Princes on hard times and partial-payment-check-senders who want me to ship immediately can fornicate themselves in the most aggressive manner possible.

I have disclosed everything I know about this car to a very knowledgeable and discriminating 2002 enthusiast forum such as this and not on CL, eBhey or some classified forum on a totally unrelated site hoping to take advantage of the naive and uninformed. Update: I have since listed on CL in an increased effort to sell it before relocating.

This car is a great example of a 2002 that can be reliably driven daily in a spirited or casual manner that does not require the attention or maintenance of obsessive, museum-wannabe types. The car, as previously noted, is not cosmetically perfect but it has been modified and maintained with taste and responsibility with plenty or potential left for the new owner if they want to AutoX. :)

Also, if I am presented an offer of my asking price, the new owner will also receive:

New Zender front air dam (unfinished, black)

New Top End Performance Rear Strut brace with Battery relo. kit

New/Used Front Big Brake kit (e21 Rotors/Hubs & Volvo calipers)

Used Mikuni PHH44 Sidedrafts w/ Manifolds

Otherwise I will be forced to drive it more now that the weather is only getting better.

Please email, PM or reply for additional information since I’m sure I left stuff out.

Anyhow, I have included some intro. pictures and I have a link to more photos that were just taken this afternoon.

Thanks for reading and looking. Additional photos can be provided upon request.

DSCN0475.JPG

DSCN0477.JPG

DSCN0472.JPG

DSCN0488.JPG

'91 325iX

'76 2002(sold)

'95 540i 6sp(sold)

Hey Robert! Sorry to hear that you are selling Klaus already. Whoever gets him will be very happy. I missed its zippy engine and handling so much that I am having the Touring engine rebuilt at Apex Vintage. I should be getting it back this week after they do a dyno tune and break-in to seat the rings. I cant wait! Good luck with the sale, and I hope to see it on the road in NC if possible.

-Scott

1973 2000 Touring "Lars"

1967 2000cs "Fritz"

1974 2002tii

1984 Euro 635csi

1999 M Coupe

I bought them from MTS. Check various ebay sites around the world as the exchange rate can be more favorable depending on which site MTS posted them on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-02-2002-ti-tii-turbo-Baur-Red-Clear-Tail-Lights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5634aacdc3QQitemZ370250796483QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1973 2000 Touring "Lars"

1967 2000cs "Fritz"

1974 2002tii

1984 Euro 635csi

1999 M Coupe

Guest Anonymous

Is it still available. Ill be in north Carolina on vacation till april 11 and I would like to view you can reach me at 416 995 2817 from toronto thanks

• 2 weeks later...