• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 2002 FSP: Pedal box, rebuilt and in the car.

jr02518

First, thank you to Blunt. The kit make's the rebuilding process easy.

Second, thank you Le. Having access to someone who has done this help's lower the stress.

As long as I have been working on these cars, this was my first attempt at removing and rebuilding the pedal's. Now that it over I can confirm it will come out of the car faster than it goes back in. But it might be all that "new paint" that slowed me down.

As a point of disclosure, I have access to a parts washer, a sand blasting cabinet and a lift. Then again I am over 50 and I have paid my dues working under the shade tree in front of the house.

The FAQ will provide numerous guides to getting this project done, the three points I can highlight are:

1. Buy the new clutch master cylinder. If you are asking "why" stare again at the bottom bolt inside the pedal box when you are inside the car. By your self.

2. Separate the upper section from the lower section, loosely bolt the booster to the upper section and put the pin and retainer, for the pivot, together on the bench.

3. Install the lower booster bracket and do not bother installing your new master cylinder to the brake lines until you put the steering coupler and steering wheel column back on the car.

Yes, do not be in a hurry to put in the master cylinder the car.

Good luck. If I can do it, so can you.

David Barrish

Oh, if your car is smoking under braking you might have a bad master cylinder. The leak of brake fluid that you have been unable to trace might show up in the booster as a puddle.

FYI

post-1173-13667623587526_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667623588494_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667623589431_thumb.jpg