• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SLOW DOWN

RIMSPOKE

Definitely happening in SoCal and not just for speeding.

On the left coast, we have "fix-it" tickets for things like not having a front license plate, forgetting to put the current registration sticker, etc. Seems like more cars are getting pulled over for these minor infractions

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

I HATE TO DWELL ON COP STUFF BUT HERE IS ANOTHER

AND I SAW THIS ONE COMING :

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/31/national/main6350093.shtml

AS POLICE DEPARTMENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY FACE BUDGET

PROBLEMS , IT WON'T TAKE LONG BEFORE THEY START LOOKING

FOR WAYS TO SUPPLEMENT THE SHORTFALL .

i narrowly missed getting popped a few weeks back. i was going around a truck doing about 85 or so (in a 65) and a cop (Illinois state police) was coming the other way. As soon as he passed by he lit up the roof and turned on his left turn signal like he was going to take one of the median turn-arounds. fortunately there wasnt a handy one right there but there was a curve in the road that put him out of view long enough for me to take an exit. I took some back roads and got back on the freeway (different one-this all happened near the I-57/70 interchange) a few miles later. Anyway I dont know for sure he was after me but it sure seemed that way and I felt lucky to have escaped! :)