• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 75 2002 project "Here I go again"

ryansti

Here is the link to my 74 2002 that I sold last year

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,302013/highlight,/

Here is my new project 2002 that I picked up a few days ago.

2002cx.jpg

When I picked it up it did not run and I was told it needed a carb rebuild. Once I got it home I installed a new battery, plugs, coil, oil and a filter. Turned the key and it fired right up! Runs good so I took it around the block and it drives good!

The next day I installed a new Hazard switch and a electric flasher for my turn signals. I also ordered urethane motor mounts, urethane trans mount, plug wires and a electric fuel pump.

I also removed all the smog stuff today (EGR stuff, a bunch of vac lines and the air pump) It runs even better now!

I'm planning on turbo flares and the same wheels that I had on my last 2002 (15x7 Drag DR-20's with the 10mm offset) I will probably pick up a header and a weber carb soon!

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk

I like the drag wheels a lot. Did the 10 offset require the flares? Does anyone else run these wheels...they are the same ones on the red car pictured on the IE website. I wonder what the offset would be without flares? Anyone have any ideas?

'72 tii sunroof 
'05 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Replica
'96 BMW K1100RS/SE
'01 Dodge Ram 4x4, 360ci, 4.10LSD's

The 15x7 in the 10mm offset required flares to fit. The red car on the IE website has 15x8 +25 offset OG's I tried them on my 74 but the required a spacer to clear the front struts so I went with the 15x7's ;)

You needed a spacer to get 15x8 et0 wheels on the front? Are you running bent struts or something that would give you less clearance?

I have wheels of the same size and offset and they clear the strut with lots of room. The footwell and nose panel, not so much though. :)

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

The tires on the 2002 are shot so I'm thinking about getting flares, wheels and tires soon so I can start driving it. Either going to do 15x7 10mm offset Drag DR20's with 205/50-15's or 13x7 0mm offset HD RSB's with 215/50-13's. I kinda like the look of 13's on the 2002 so I'm leaning towards those.

Here is a pic of the 13x7's I'm interested in...

rsb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Turbo flares from IE came on Monday. Also picked up a nice momo steering wheel and a long tube header. Probably going to pick up a weber 38 next week.

Also thinking about 13x8 Rota RB's with 4mm offset

royal_gold_1.JPG

Actual paint this time, WOW. :-)

LoL yea this one does not have all the rust that the 74 had. Only thing that sucks is that the guy I bought it from cut the factory seat rails out of it and I want to use the low back seats that I got from you. So I see a lot more welding in my future.