• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '75 2002

eds752002

This is the fiberglass Bavarian Autosport spoiler that I painted black and red to give that bumper look. You just have to take great care not to get it too tight and get that less than wonderful cracking sound while tightening down on it. I bought a roll of auto/marine wheatherstrip at Lowe's to place between car and air dam to give some cushion. Lining it up straight takes some time and patience. Drilling holes in it is no picnic either, but again, just take care. I just used some sheet metal screws with metal/rubber washers that enabled a snug fit without as much pressure on the lip of air dam. Of course, get it installed before paint is important. I think the look is well worth the effort!

All brakes came from Ireland Engineering, still having some trouble getting brakes working right now...will be posting the problem soon if I can't solve! I sprayed the calipers, but the paint is struggling in places where bleeders oozed some fluid upon bleeding, a task which I have done 3 times now trying to figure out brake problem. The only performance to report is that she runs great while sitting on jack stands :) As soon as I get the brakes working and the throttle to stop sticking I will get her on the road. I will certainly post more pics and keep updates as time permits!! thanks.

• 1 month later...

Car looks great!

I tried to PM you but it is not working. If you dont mind me asking...how much did you pay for the car. I am in the process at looking at one in similar condition and having trouble deciding what it is worth. You can PM if you want.

thanks

Matt