• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre Mid-America '02 Fest open house

skipsfcr

At my shop, "Skip's Foreign Car Repair, Inc."

288 HWY 64E

Conway, AR 72032

Friday 4/23 from 9 A.M. until 1 P.M. (ish)

Afterwards we'll caravan to Eureka Springs via U.S.65 N

We will be closed for regular business so if you need to lift your car and inspect anything prior to some rigorous Ozark driving you'll have the opportunity.

If it's not too far off your route, stop by, kick some tires, and tell some lies!

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Sorry Chris, but we are going to canoe the Buffalo River that day, otherwise we would be there to check out the shop! Maybe Humberto and Tim will stop by as they are going the more direct route!

But I would only drool over your artwork anyway See you guys Friday night! Best to Lisa and Greg and the rest of the clan

Thursday evening. If I do I'll drop by.

edit-- How far to Eureka from Conway?

Thanks,

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Skip: it looks like I will be there and so will my '02. I inspected the engine today at Mike McCarthy's shop. I am going to have a very fine engine once they drop it back in. It is bored out now with piano top pistons. My old rings, valve guides, and seals were shot! The camshaft is good to go however, no problems w/it. Lotsa new parts going into the rebuild and they painted the block and the intake manifold while they were at it. A heat shield was added to protect the plug wires. VERY EXCITED....

I would like to drop in on your shop and cruise on out with you buddy!!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Excellent Jim & Don! Looking forward to it! Don, Eureka Springs is about 150mi from Conway. Very pleasant, leisurely drive too.

Jim, even with an otherwise stock engine you can really feel a torque increase after a rebuild with grand piano top pistons. The engine just feels so much more "robust". Be sure to follow Mike M's break-in recommendations.

Thanks, Skip. Your shop wasn't too convenient for my engine work, was it?? Hey, I met Don Derham (beammmer) recently - I was in Baton Rouge visiting my brother and his family. Don & I met for lunch in Covington @ the Acme Oyster House. Neither of us had our '02's that day, but now we know a bit about each other before Eureka Springs.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Skip -

Bill Riblett and I are "opting out" on the canoe trip on the 22nd, so we'll be driving straight to Eureka Springs from our previous stop in Camden, TN.

We might be too early for your open house..

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Look man, you jokers just drop down South a bit and come on across I-40 instead of U.S. 412. My place will be right on your way! It's only 19 miles further according to Google maps. Seriously though if you can't make it to my place I'll see you guys in Eureka Springs...Drive safe!

Look man, you jokers just drop down South a bit and come on across I-40 instead of U.S. 412. My place will be right on your way! It's only 19 miles further according to Google maps. Seriously though if you can't make it to my place I'll see you guys in Eureka Springs...Drive safe!

Will discuss with Bill Riblett - as I'm not sure what time or route we'll be on.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

to plan, I have a ride from OKC to Eureka Springs, and then one home to Dayton, so I'll be there, but sans 2002...

Looking forward to seeing y'all...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Looking forward to it Mike! Those wheels look fantastic. Any rubbing issues?

I drove it hard Monday to visit the tii and Armour. Works well with stock suspension and Bilstein sports on the rear. A little rub on the front inner fender well on full turn of the wheel. Good to go, and the wider wheel tracks much better on turns.

Byron, glad you are coming. We've missed seeing you.

Skip, do we need to bring anything to help you Friday?

Also, have you heard from Tim A?

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"