• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

540,000 miles and still going!

MAD02

i saw some coverage of her (i think on CBS Sunday Morning) and she said the absolute #1 key to her success is buying parts with lifetime warranties. I think she had been through a dozen or more batteries, all from JC Penny's. Sounds like a good plan to me as I plan on keeping the e30 as long as possible. Ive just turned 180k on it, meaning ive put 33,000 miles on it since buying it in December of '08... (mostly freeway miles going to see Jenna)

EDIT: oof, i think that clip is the one i saw on CBS (havent actually watched clip but i remember that image...)

reminds me of a neighbor lady/friend of my moms, who had a PERFECT early 60s chrysler imperial something something in a dark blue color which she always kept perfectly clean in the garage. i mean this thing was absolutely perfectly kept, literally by a little old lady (extremely sweet too--hi Maria! ;))

anyway she got plowed into (small 60s taillights!) and the insurance company totalled it. effiing shame!