• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction VIN plates

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, I know this should be in the parts section (and it is) but I thought I would plug it here. I have made reproduction VIN plates that are indistinguishable from the original BMW item on our cars. They are available through BLUNT (www.blunttech.com) and come blank or with the vehicle weight etc. you can also order them stamped with your VIN number. A perfect replacement for your fading tag.

Again sorry for the shameless plug.

is the VIN stamping font the same or very similar to the original numerals?

if so, would you be willing to stamp my blank plate for a fee? it was custom made for me by a fellow FAQer with the following alteration:

1600 TI spec

intended for a ti-clone, someday.

i was thinking i'd have to have mine engraved by a jeweler because i have not found a similar font in size or appearance.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

I'll scan a sample and you can decide for yourself. The numerals are not exact. I looked my nose off for the right font and height to no avail. The 4 and 6/9 are a little different and the x height is slightly smaller.

Those are really cool! Got em for 1600-2?

BTW if you put in the whole http... of website it will automatically make it a hotlink. Like this....

http://www.blunttech.com/

Y'all can find pictures under the....

What’s New

* Specials – *NEW* Spring 2010

.... section. :)

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Guest Anonymous

I could do one for the touring in the next run. Can someone send me an image of a touring VIN as an example, also one for a 1600 would be great too.