• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Brakes...

Got the chance to get my hands dirty yesterday installing new calipars and rotors on the '76. This was my first attempt at brakes as I have no problem I haven't dobe much wrenching. I do have the ability to research and am mechanically minded. Have to be since I'm in the Semiconductor business and have worked Facilities Operations for 20 years. Damn, has it been that long???

Yesterday looked like a decent weather day and two good friends had some free time as well so we decided to get after it. Of coarse, half way into the job it started to rain... typical! I have admit this was the first rain the '76 has felt in forever. She's garage kept and I don't take her out in the rain. She's soooo pampered~

It was a good learning process and other then having to run to the store for new cotter pins everything went smooth as could be. Hmmmm, surely my future projects will go just as smooth....

Here are a few pictures of the job.

post-17162-13667624173395_thumb.jpg

post-17162-13667624174459_thumb.jpg

post-17162-13667624175373_thumb.jpg

post-17162-13667624176516_thumb.jpg

post-17162-13667624177517_thumb.jpg

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Sounds good! Funny you sent me the message because I was looking at one of your posts earlier and was thinking of sending you a message and suggest the same thing. At the very least, we should get some of the local '02s together one evening. There's usually a car gathering on Saturday's here in Cedar Park.

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

• 1 month later...