• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid America 02 Fest One Week To Go!!!!!!!

MikeinNC

So hopefully we wont get snowed on this year like last year, or drive through tornados like the year before. Everyone is excited and if we survive canoeing on the wild and scenic Buffalo River we will see all you guys Friday night for dinner. Clear the roads, the crazy East Coast 02ers are coming :)

Some pictures from last years fun time

Sam and I watching it snow in the valleys west of Roanoke VA

Photobucket

Coach Bo, giving everyone a pep talk before we run the Tail of the Pig

Photobucket

Lining up for the Sat Morning Drive

Photobucket

Lineup at the State Park

Photobucket

Coach Bo's ride, yea he is handicapped like the rest of us by our love for 02s

Photobucket

Celebrating successful run of hte Tail of the Pig in one direction Sam drinking again (Diet Coke)

Photobucket

Chowing down at the hoedown

Photobucket

Just some of the cars that were there last year That is Randy and Marge's freshly restored Sahara. They drove it Vintage and PVGP last year as well

Photobucket

Yall come on down ya heya!!!

I'm waiting for my engine to be plunked back in, along with the radiator, the driveshaft, and the exhaust system.... The engine looked super a few days ago. The head was on a work table and the block was on an engine stand. If it's not ready, I'll hop into Larry Wilson's '02 & ride down there. See you soon!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Us East coasters are looking forward to meeting up with the other FAQ'rs (is that politically correct?).

Remember, Virginia is a Southern State ;-)

Mike - you're making me nervous talking about snow during late April.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Its the green clouds and the swirling funnel thingies that we need to watch out for

Hey, I am a native Virginian, just down here on missionary work ;)

Scenes from eclectic Eureka Springs AR The ladies will love the shops

Last one is of some Tar Heel refugee, reportedly has an 02 or 2. We shall see if he can get out of bed and make it the 25 miles to the event this year :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Got the new center bearing and guibo in and the notorious driveshaft drummer boys have left town. Now to get some better seats and a tune up and find the old buckeye and rabbit's foot and I'm ready to roll.

NC boys: Don't forget to bring some local brew! I'm trying my best to figure out how to move down there and want to know if the beer is as good as the people.

Fritz Bimmer

72 Golf

73 Chamonix

66 P car

Got the new center bearing and guibo in and the notorious driveshaft drummer boys have left town. Now to get some better seats and a tune up and find the old buckeye and rabbit's foot and I'm ready to roll.

NC boys: Don't forget to bring some local brew! I'm trying my best to figure out how to move down there and want to know if the beer is as good as the people.

Fritz Bimmer

72 Golf

73 Chamonix

66 P car

Jim Hiddle from Ok City to Mid-America, and Jim Denker from Mid-America back to Dayton. Looking forward to a fun weekend.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

When are you floating the Buffalo? What section? I would like to join you. I have been taking my kayak out about every day on the Little Maumelle or the Big Maumelle here in Little Rock. I'd love to float with you guys. It is a beautiful section of the grand US of A!

Doug

Unfortunately, I am out. The radiator I had custom fabricated came back with the integrated mounting brackets about 3/4" higher than spec'd and the radiator now comes in contact with the pulley. No time to turn another around before Wed. I am dissapointed to say the least. You guys have a ball.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Hi Doug

We are doing it Friday am and are doing the section from Steele's Creek to Kyle's Landing, supposedly one of the prettier sections with high bluffs. We staying at the outdoor center on Thursday night in one of the cabins Also posted info on the MA website

Hope you can join us See you next weekend!