• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eurotrash Takes Flight

Midwest.BMW

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill,

In skiing terms...these roads were double black diamonds. Back and forth, up and down, side to side, dropping S turns where you could see the entire roadway of moguls all the way down. I never thought that he could find these conditions so close to home. Eurotrash delivered the motherload of farfegnugen. Believe me...it was not about speed. However, our brakes and clutch got some use. We were shifting between second and third gear all day. His flight occured at 50 MPH on the most perfect apex of an old southern country hill. When I reached the summit, he was still in the air.

One of the most magical things that I've discovered about 2002ing is that you can have so much fun under the speed limit and still feel like you are taking it to the limit.

I was there... There just might have been a few moments over the posted limit...maybe, just slightly....

Paul

Paul, I think I figured out my problem...According to my initial inspection by the Werk Shop, "14x6J E30 wheels mounted with 185/60R14 tires have made the diameter too small for a plus two conversion in combination with the replacement 3.90/1 differential. The result has caused significant speedometer error."