• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 2002 Have an opportunity to purchase this model.

moshulupkwy

Might be looking at a nice '76. Having only had round light cars, any special to a '76 that I need to be aware of??

Thanks for the help

mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

You have one in mind or are you open to options? Where are you located? To answer your question to best of my ability - not expert by any means - I know of little to nothing unique to 76. If you know what to look for on roundies you should be fine with 76. Many say 76 handle better and are more reliable but I do not have any direct experience to support or negate. Good luck, david

I live on the east coast (NJ). When we hear/see of a nice rust free car.....we jump at it!

I still check for potential west coast opportunities, but I still would rather check the car out myself before I make my move.

1966 VW Bug

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Guest Anonymous

My understanding is that '76's were one of the most trouble-free years. Good luck.

Roger

'72 Malaga

The 76's get a bad rap in CA because of the smog issue. If you are out of State, CA is a full of nice cheap cars with limited rust issues. I have owned four 76 Models in CA and the last one owned, I never could register because of the smog laws. Here's one I would buy today if it was a 75 Model.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1691009102.html

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

The 76's get a bad rap in CA because of the smog issue. If you are out of State, CA is a full of nice cheap cars with limited rust issues. I have owned four 76 Models in CA and the last one owned, I never could register because of the smog laws. Here's one I would buy today if it was a 75 Model.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1691009102.html

Mark92131

I feel sorry for the Owner of this one. It looks like a tidy car and is $3.5k less than he wanted end of last year. Wish I had some spare $$$$.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I see a few more cars coming to market these days. I am still persuing the 1976 in my area.

Not really tied to any year/model but I would like to get the best sorted one I can find.

There is a 73 just posted in PA (Hershey) that is a 'beaut'......with a price to go along with it!!

I think I am getting closer.....I have that BMW smell again in my nostrils!

If I could go back to Hoffman Motors in 1972 I would be putting an ordered in for an......... Inka TII

(Funny I did purchase my first one in 1972 but did not have the resource or knowledge at the time to stretch up to a TII

-mpkwy

1966 VW Bug

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry