• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid America 02 Fest: The numbers and more pics

jgerock

Just arrived home today at 3:15pm from the multi-day trip to/from Arkansas.

I started out last Tuesday AM from Alexandria and met up with Bill Riblett (Arlington, VA) in Manassas, VA, then we picked up Aubrey Hall (Clifton Forge, VA) in Daleville, VA around lunchtime. The three of us then met up with Mike Pugh (Raleigh, NC) in Kingsport, TN Tuesday night.

Wednesday AM, we added Sam Adams (TN) and Rob Scott (Richmond, VA), then visited the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville (WOW). After our trek to Camden, TN, we added Bryan McAllister and Greg (both from Nashville). Thursday, Bill Riblett and I split up and headed down to Skip's shop in Conway, AR while the rest of the group when to the Buffalo River for some canoeing. Bill & I arrived about 8:20pm in Eureka Springs, AR after a really long day of driving.

On the return trip, the (6) of us ventured over to Bowling Green, KY to see the Corvette Museum. Bill Riblett and I toured the factory while the others checked out the museum. From there, Bill and I drove to Cross Lanes, WV for the night, then today we arrived home.

Instead of taking the dreaded I-81 interstate home, we took 60 East from Lexington, VA thru Buena Vista and Amherst (GREAT TWISTY ROADS! - BUT there were (3) tractor trailers in front of us - rats). Then North on 29 to 66 and 495 Beltway home.

Total mileage for me: 2,588 miles

Total gallons of premium gas: 86.467

Total number of gas stops: (12)

Average gas mileage: 29.93 MPG

Best MPG: 32.39

Worst MPG: 24.38

02 Fest Pics here: http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn251/jgerock/Mid%20America%2002%20Fest%202010/

I had a fantastic time during the past week and look forward to seeing many of you in NC next month.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Looks like that D5000 is taking care of business, Jim!

Thanks Tom!

My camera is the D3000 and still have lots to learn about using it properly. Note the huge difference between the "better" pics and the "regular" ones using my trusty Canon Powershot SD630.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"