• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still For Sale 71 5/2/10 SOLD!!! Peace all

quinnster

Hey all,

This is a re-post for a car for sale that I placed some time ago. I still have it and would like to pass it along. I have dropped the price a bit more and have very little wiggle room to drop it any more. I certainly don't feel like I can let it go for less than I paid (especially since I owe my girlfriend the original amount I paid). I was under the impression that these cars were increasing in value. I'm willing to suck up the cost I paid to have it shipped, but any more than that would be a bummer. As mentioned in the add, the car will be at V@V. Please pass this along to anyone that you know that might be interested. Cheers

For Sale – 1971 2002 Agave – VIN# 1679905

I’ve owned this car for a very short time. I have a clear NC title in hand. I’ve come to realize that this is too nice of a car for me to keep w/out having a garage. I also don’t have the time and or energy or expertise to maintain and or to take it further. The car is absolutely ready to go. Leave it alone or dress it up. Since the car was delivered I’ve added the Nardi wheel, (original wheel also comes w/car) and 5 used bma wheels w/tires (the 5 original steelies and new tires also go w/the car). There is also a BMW car cover and a box of select parts. See pix. I took it to a local BMW shop (Shade Tree Garage in Raleigh – a very cool BMW only garage/location) and had an oil change and had them go through the car. They did not find any issues w/the car and were extremely complimentary of the overall condition of the car. The car runs great (always starts) and is a blast to drive. Here’s what the PO wrote and what led me to buy this car.

“Car bought from the Bay Area of CA; has new paint, rebuilt front seats, new shocks, center tie rod, ball joints, water pump, tires, battery, original owner replaced engine with a BMW crate motor, ( now has 84, 000 miles) the entire cooling system, and rebuilt the transmission. This is not a concours car, but a super straight driver with no mechanical issues at all. The exhaust is like new. Its original carpet is very clean with minor wear spots. Same goes for the headliner. The previous owner installed the electric sunroof which is a glass panel with an interior sunshade that works better than the original style. It is a 4 speed. I am the second owner and have documents of all service done from day one. What body work that was done prior to paint was done with lead and zinc. There is minimal bondo and it looks really good. The usual spots: rockers, lower fenders, rear quarters, shock towers, inner fender areas are not only rust free but covered with paint. I painted the car in a computer matched PPG Concept (single stage urethane) Agave Green”.

So, that’s pretty much what I got. It’s a real beautiful car. I’ve now got the 2 folders of receipts dating back to the beginning. There are a couple of things the PO neglected to mention – there are 2 very small slits in the headliner and the driver’s side door panel needs a couple of new clips. There are a couple of very small imperfections (dings) on the front and rear bumper. Some usual little dents/dings/scuffing on chrome trim. There is one small crack on the far left side of the dash. Paint is extremely nice. No rust.

I have the car registered for V@V. Either I’ll drive it or one of you may be driving it. Thanks

See lots of pix:

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/littlegreenbmw/

To quote a fax member – “a car is worth what someone is willing to pay”

$7500 obo

Contact Mike 919 619 9844

post-16191-13667624933394_thumb.jpg

post-16191-13667624935282_thumb.jpg

i went back through and checked out the receipts - it is still not clear to me as to whether it was a replacement of an original sun-roof or an addition to the car. the receipt did state that the sunroof was modified in the usa for aftermarket installation.

good talking w/you. as soon as i hear from the local guy here about purchase, i'll shoot you an email or call.

thanks,

m