• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: open end diff flanges for my 75 02'

BMtroubleyou

After trying to adapt my old open end diff flanges to the LSD I tried putting in, i've discovered my machinist lathed the grooves on wrong for the internal C clip to grab them in place. Now one of the flanges will not come out no matter how many Guys are prying on it and beating it with a hammer, so it has to be sacrificed, it has to be drilled out with some drill bit from Mars made out of Wolverine's skeleton.

In the mean time I would like to drive it again reinstalling my old diff so I need atleast one flange. Can anyone help me out???

Thank you for your time,

-Justin

(O=00=O)

75 2002 Metric Mechanics

01 Z3 3.0i

Thats crazy. I used the 76 flanges as well but I did not have the snap ring groove cut in. If it wont come out then thats a good thing right? Does the diff still turn? It would suck to have to scrap a perfectly good LSD.

yes it still turns, the problem was the seller never new it had fried pinion bearings in it and I discovered that after installing it and driving it around. He offered to rebuild it discovering he couldn't do a damn thing if the axle flange stubs couldn't come out so he shipped it back to me and said "good luck". Those LSD's aren't cheap either.

I shoulda done what you did and just left the flanges alone in an assumption that they couldn't come out because the axles would hold them in place when installed. Now this is an epic nightmare where half of my fabricator friends are telling me they have to cut open the case to get everything apart. So I say i'd rather shove this problem in the corner of the garage for now and put my open end diff back in.

75 2002 Metric Mechanics

01 Z3 3.0i