• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Car Sales at V@V?

Having never been to the V@V, but hearing so much about it, I'm trying to figure out how I can juggle my schedule so I can attend. I have a question for the veterans of the event (and yeah, it's a stupid one for them), but are many decent drivers (2002 of course) available for sale at the meet? I'm looking to buy one, and am trying to figure out it I'm better off waiting until then rather than go the eBay route. Of course, I am also following the sales forum here. Oh, I'm looking for value, not pure authenticity, and in ready condition to drive back to SE MI. TIV, guys. Harold -- a wannabe smart guy.

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption

I'm sure you will have a blast if this is your first time. Bring some extra money for the taco truck!

Anyway, there's no specific section for cars that are for sale but I'm not sure if they are changing that this year. There are cars scattered here and there with for sale signs. I'm sure if the price is right- some can be on the market :)

Hope to see you there!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

I don't recommend the Ebay route. Meet some genuine '02 folks at Vintage and let them teach you a thing or two about the '02 addiction. Don't be in a hurry. Take your time to learn about these cars. When you are truly ready to purchase one, take a local '02 expert with you -- this will save you a fortune in the long run. Find one that's been maintained by someone who loves their '02. Avoid rust if at all possible! Good luck!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

A couple of weeks ago some of us Carolina 02ers and V@V volunteers met "Herr Sturdy" at Shelton Vineyards to review the lay out for the event this year. While the V@V will have a special area set aside for vendors and individuals selling parts, related car products, services, etc., there will not be an area specifically for cars that are "for sale" this year.

That said, I can't remember a year that there hasn't been some cars for sale. And I would imagine there will be cars for sale this year too; 02s as well as other vintage models.

FWIW, I agree whole heartedly with Jim's advice. So, come for the fun and the experience...but bring your check book with you, as you never know what you might find.

The older I get the better I was!

Hey, thanks for the sage advice. I am only "6 months old" in '02 model years, ha, ha. I should probably get to it. Thanks again guys. Harold

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption

We'd be happy to show you around!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

I went the ebay route and my car turned out great. However, the pictures and description on ebay never showed me that it had black front seats while the rest of the interior was marine blue. The car had many oddities (including starting life in 12/72 as an automatic) that would have been nice to know about. I was so happy that none of that mattered, but to most it probably would. V@V or the forum is without a doubt the best place to pick up a nice driver at a fair price.

'73 2002

'00 M5

We look forward to having you come to the Vineyards, my wife even enjoys it! Yes, you will see many 2002's...but my guess is that 98.9% are driven there...so the odds of buying one to drive back will be reduced, unless you can first give said seller a ride home! And you'll need a tag....I jest, but do realize the logic that I'm throwing out to you. Its a great event, great fun, but most of the cars there will be there because someone loves them...be they restored, daily, racers, or fun beaters; not usually because they want to sell them. Many of us, however, have more than one, and the economy is in your favor if you have some money, so the above guys ideas about the best place to network to find a good one is quite true. (and better than the structure of that last sentence...)...If I were you, I'd make a t-shirt that says something to the effect, "Looking to buy 2002" front and back. You will have a great time. You will learn alot (I always do when I keep my mouth shut..). And I hope that you find a 2002. See you in Dobson in a couple of weeks. Dave V. in western NC