• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what problems do the mbw gurus see with this car

temujin

Looks pretty nice.

There appears to be some rust in the rockers, doors and fenders but probably not terminal.

The washer bottle and washer nozzles are missing. Has (had?) a/c.

If the drivetrain is good and the motor is rebuilt as stated, it's probably a nice driver. The exhaust looks original so it may disintegrate sooner rather than later.

Worth a look IMO.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Sorry, but I tend to not trust anyone that will paint over obvious problems. Rocker areas, and areas below beltline look half-assed at best. Yes, I'm 3K miles away, but the sheen below the belt looks like I painted it. Engine bay looks too white. Yeah that sounds funny, but paint looks too recent, as if it was painted to sell. Not with my $7k+. I may be off base, but it just doesn't smell right...Dave V. in NC my two cents worth,,,good luck in your search.

They've been trying to sell this thing for a while on CL / ebay / even on here. I guess price went up, must be the floor rust see pics from previous post http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,338816/highlight,/

I thing it might be a good deal if it was in the 4K range but not for 7.5k.

my .02c

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I see the original accident pictures. It does not look like a major accident, do people think it compromised the frame? I am just curious.

I see that one control arm was replaced, and not the other. It tells me that one got damaged. If the car was previously hit, I would conclude that the hit was hard enough to damage a control arm.

The claim that the car was never involved in a serious accident is a giveaway. What is "serious?"

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Guest Anonymous

I went down to that place once with a friend of mine to check out some Alfas and Fiats they had for sale. I didn't see that particular car there, but my general impression of the establishment was not great. Lots of sub-par MGs and the like with a lot of stuff done to them to make them look just good enough in pictures to sell and export. Iffy cars and a real crappy attitude from the staff/owners pretty much sums up that place. Lots of band-aided, polished turd cars for the price of concours examples.

-Kristian

1968 BMW 2002