• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If I didn't already have 2 ...

Anschauer

I am keen to get this vehicle, but sure would feel better if someone familiar with 2002's could look this over for me. It's located in Londonderry, NH. The deal almost seems too good to be true, thus.... If you think you can help, please contact me at hsarmstrong at comcast dot net, or my son at armst219 at msu dot edu. TIA, Harold

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption

I know the posting has been removed, but the owner emailed me just this afternoon re taking a look at it on Saturday. I had earlier exhanged email with him when he said another person was going to buy it... looks like that fell through.

2004 Pontiac GTO

Guest Anonymous

I live near Londonderry, do you want me to take a look?

If so email me at: joe18d at aol.com

Joe

Joe: I just heard from the owner, and apparently the vehicle sold day before yesterday. Thanks a bunch for the offer to look it over though: If you ever need any help in SE MI or NE IN please let me know! Harold

2004 Pontiac GTO

• 1 year later...

Thought I would update the old thread with some pictures of the mystery car. Essentially it was a restored car before it was parked in 2000. Body seemed solid, shock towers and trunk were good, floors seemed OK. The owner told of how the car was driven to VA for a paint job and the return trip was delayed due to rain and fear of getting the new Fjord paint wet (original color).

I needed another project like I needed a hole in the head, but no#2 son was persuasive in his argument. The car is a '76, 136K miles, sunroof, 4 spd, Behr A/C, and a Weber 32/36. Nice original interior, seat stuffing shot.

BMW2002_1.jpg

No#2 helping with loading process. It was complete and looked original, didn't run, front calipers sticky, fuel lines and brake line had seen better days. Overall body was good, one hole in right rear, and only a little bondo in left rear.

BMW2002_2.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Notice sticker on license plate, Oct-2000, been parked for 10 years.

Picture005.jpg

I arrived with trailer and cash not expecting the car to last long. Craigslist ad was pulled after 4 hours and 15 replies. I was second in line, and first guy backed out when he learned car didn't run. Had my wife show up in E39 daily driver to run blocker in the rear, borrowed trailer from friend, lights finicky and intermittent.

Will have to update with more current photos. Front & rear subframes have been removed, sandblasted, painted and rebuilt. Bilstein sports & IE stage II springs, BBK in front, new fuel and brake lines, new Esty carpet set (minor rust in floor found once home), H4 lights. Also running some nice E30 basketweaves in place of steelie originals, and a 3 spoke 318is sport steering wheel. Haven't touched engine or tranny yet, not sure what direction I'm going. Have a nice set of Itailian Weber 40's on a shelf at home and this thing followed me home one day and donated a an M42 drivetrain.

Picture015.jpg

2000 BMW 528i M-Sport -DD

1976 BMW 2002 - Fjord Blue - current project