• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 1802 history? or is it made up (nt)

temujin

Let me fix that for you,

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/1728431955.html

This is a rare 1972 BMW 1802, which was a European hybrid designed to get better mileage than a 2002 but be more powerful than a 1602. It was done by putting a 1602 manifold on a 2002 block. This car has since had the 1602 manifold replaced for full 2002 power and has a 2 bbl Weber. I am the third owner and have had it since 1991. Interior was completely redone in 2002 (I've hardly driven it since) as were the brakes, suspension and hydraulics. The speedometer reads in km. Has an am/fm cd player, runs great and has the smallest turning radius of any car I've driven (even my Mini). I just don't drive it anymore and I'd like to see it with someone who will appreciate it.

Jess

818-943-7485

95 525it S50/5

1973 3.7csi- sold

83 Alpina B9 3.5 -sold

83 Hartge H23- sold

1600 pistons and a 2002 crank (or vice/versa--I can never keep 'em straight) to create a 1766cc displacement. They were also assembled from CKD kits in Israel (all automatics!).

Including the 100 assembled in Israel, about 82,000 1802s were built in total. None were officially imported to the US.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

This car has been listed a few times. I went to look at it a couple of months ago, but passed because it just had too much rust over front fenders top to bottom and rocker panels. Looked to be sprayed with undercoating that was probably hiding other rust areas. Car originally came from Holland.

T.R.

'72 polaris 2000tii touring

'72 inka 2002