• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back from paint!!!

Got her back this morning. Putting all the parts back on. The new Kidney Grill looks great. Back to driving her monday!! The paint came out better than I could have imagined

post-17424-13667625568087_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667625569641_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667625574544_thumb.jpg

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Congrats Nick! She looks great! Now you get to clean up all that sanding dust from the crevices.

ps: Don't use any silicone-based sprays near the rubber/vinyl until the paint has cured for a while (along with using a car cover). New paint needs to "breathe" and cure to harden.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

These paint threads are what keeps me going. Some day I hope to have one of my own.

+1

Great looking car. Congrats!

74 '02- M2 under construction by SnailPace Restoration, Inc.

88 M3 unmodified when retired from track

97 332is CrewCab (M3/4/5 )

99 MCoupe-- track rat

Very nice looking, Nick. Your body/paint guys did a very professional job. But, not only do you not want to use any silicone-based sprays on the vinyl/rubber trim until the paint cures, you don't want to use it ever. Ask any car painter and he'll tell you to keep anything with silicone in it away from your paint for ever.

My son is a professional detailer doing many high-end cars, and he will use no product that contains any silicone. I can think of no detailing job on your car where there are not silicone-free products that will do a better job.

Leaving it out in the sun will also help it cure a little faster.

Hope it stays good-looking for you for a long time.

Bob Napier

Totally thumbs up!! Just drove mine in the countryside for fun. The rebuilt engine is very smooth and eager to rev. It's been quite some time since I enjoyed driving it so much. I'd like to get a top-quality repaint one day. Enjoy!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz