• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW guy with a Lumma 73 Tii

paynedwp

Just bought a 73 Lumma with 2inches of service history including new Tii crate motor and suspension (some 16K worth of receipts) Wary is the correct word... But after 275 mile road trip home it was a freakin blast to drive,,,, and felt pretty damn nice- I will be changing the clutch and checking the brakes this weekend.

I have all the docs from Lumma too including the photo's of this car at each stage of welding (kinda cool although I cant read 20 pages of German) and all the hand notes.

It is currently Yellow but started life red (havnt decoded anything yet) Just shifting through docs.. and BMW charges alot for hat lil' 4 banger!!

I have a couple of questions as the new guy

1. How do I post a pic ? Lets see if this works)

2.Should I repaint it original RED or since its been cut does it matter?

3, it has OZ wheels... what would be a better choice?

4. The top has side window in glass why not rear?

I bring it to my paint and body people tomorrow...

post-19274-13667635846678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Texas Dallas so yeah just a little!! My concern on paint is I have a small collection of cars and all are original color... Sometimes it huge and sometimes not.. I am a novice at 2002's...

Since we are stripping to metal a paint change is not a big deal...

thanks-

if you decide to swap wheels and dump those, i'd be interested in buying or trading with you for them

color wise, go with what you like...with a car like that, i doubt it matters...make it the way you like it...you can't go wrong

nice car...it's been around the forum here several times in the past...good to see it found a home

Hi paynedwp,

We have a local '02 owners group, and we're always up for another member: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TX2002/

A few of us will be at Cars & Coffee Saturday am (early is better - we start trickling away after 9ish) so come by if you can.

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

Curt

1974 Golf '02

Glad you can make it. There's nothing on the C&C site indicating cancellation, so we're on. Not sure how many of our bunch will show up, but we're generally good for a half-dozen.

We generally try to get a couple of people there before 8 to block a few spaces, as it's often filled up by 8:30. Cooler weather and the holiday might moderate the crowd a bit, but who knows.

May have to rethink this :)

I live downtown.. If I need to be there at 8 then its out at 7 up at 6am...

Considering were doing a lobster NYE bash tonight,,, But considering my passport is up todate I guess I will try to make it that far north.... but the 8am will NOT happen... And where do we get the coffee or do we bring it?

Dan