• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brian Capp

Stu

Below is a message from Lloyd Low, which I am posting on his behalf:

Post subject: Brian Capp fron North Bend and my missing 1973 2002 BMW

HELP!

I am asking for anyone's assistance in locating Brian Capp from North Bend, WA.

Over five years ago, June 2008, I took my beautiful little golf yellow 1973 2002 BMW, which was in very good condition at the time, to Mr Capp for restoration. He was to install a new block and a 320i 5 speed and a number of other upgrade additons / adjustments. Big work.

Additionally, he was to do important body work on a couple of small rust spots, replace almost all the external hardware, grills, tailights, door handles etc. fix small dents and repaint and then lastly do minimal work on the interior.

Unfortunately, in retrospect, I made the big mistake of funding Brian up front on several occasions as he said he needed money to purchase various materials etc....to the amount of $12,500 before I cut him off.

We had agreed that he is a one man shop and his work might take up to six months. Maybe longer. So I was not worried about the time nor the advances. He came highly recommended

To date, 10/20/2012, he still has my car in his crammed up lot at his home in North Bend, it is out side and rusting with all the external parts missing like a chop shop has had at it, and he has done absolutely nothing to the car mechanically....ZERO.

Several times early on in 2009 he told me he was just about finished with one project or another. From "the transmission is now in and operating perfectly" to "the body work on your car is complete and in about to be painted" to "everything is almost finished and your car will be ready by July 2009". He just straight up lied to me.

I am so frustrated and disgusted I just cannot believe it has happened to me. I just totally misread Brian Capp, he came so strongly recommended by people I respect and trust. Wow, I feel like a real dummy and am I guess.

I do now have an attorney helping but we cannot contact him on phone, email or in person. I did see him in early June with my mechanic for my other cars in Seattle who had recommended Brian to me and he agreed then to have the car ready mechanically by July 3, 2012. Since then not a word nor sight of him.

Thru my attorney we had asked that he prepare my car for pick by a towing service I would provide to get my car back and to another service provider that is ready to do the necessary work to restore my car. Upon arrival, nothing but several other cars directly in the path needed to get to my car out of his lot and on the truck and no one anywhere around to help move them to gain access.

Does anyone know of this guys wherebouts? I know or "believed" that he was a well recognized 2002 BMW guru in the Pacific NW and a memeber of the BMW Club at one time? As I said at the beginning of this, I need any HELP anyone is able or willing to offer!

On my last trip out to Brian Capp's home /lot/shop I saw a couple of NEW cars on site. I do have pictures of their licence plates and took them to the King County Sheriff to let them know the situation and perhaps warn these NEW owners of potential problems like mine. They declione to get involed. If anyone would like to know these plate numbers please fell free to contact me anytime. I hope this does not happen to you.

Thank you. I apologize for the long email but I am NOT giving up.

Lloyd Low

lloyd@t4media.net

206-782-1238 (h)

206-283-4440 (w)

206-947-4593 (c

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Last contact I had with him was about Mid MAY 2010. I do remember seeing your car up there. He's got a hell of a collection of stuff that's sad to see go back into the ground. He hasn't had the best of reputations since I got my car 3.5 years ago. I wish you the best of luck getting your car back!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I brought my 2002 there in autumn '09 - for "three weeks," he said. Took about three months to get it back after constant haranguing, phone calls, and barking. On the bright side the work was done, although some of things he did were substandard and some of the work reflected downright negligence. It's a wonder I didn't kill myself on I-90 on the way back to Seattle as he forgot to tighten the castellated nut that holds the steering together (it let go in a gas station a few days later at one mile per hour and no harm done when the steering failed).

The paint job he "applied" was really bad, but then it didn't cost much. I never saw such orange peel before, Overspray on the tires, windows, bumpers, and other sundry places, most of which I was able to remove.

I still consider myself lucky. I remember the Golf car and a bunch of other ones deteriorating in the rain.

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

Here's one way back in '08 where the guy actually got his car back: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,314667/view,next/sid,82e08a92a0f014850493243845c56faf/ ...apparently this guy has some alcohol abuse issues (from what he posted himself)

"benetton" in this post is my son, refering tho his car

72 2002tii

1988 535is 

Here's one way back in '08 where the guy actually got his car back: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,314667/view,next/sid,82e08a92a0f014850493243845c56faf/ ...apparently this guy has some alcohol abuse issues (from what he posted himself)

"benetton" in this post is my son, refering tho his car

I was frequently in Brian's shop when he restored my colorado orange '73 ("Nemo"), during 2005-06; and frequented the shop after that for various additional upgrades and repairs. I was there the day Brian was cutting out the body for the fender flares on your son's car, if I'm not mistaken.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors