• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Colorado tii on eBay

Conserv

A Colorado California tii? Or is that a California Colorado tii? Pretty cool. If VIN 2762630 is the first U.S. '73 tii (per Mike), VIN 2762696 is a very early '73 (my 2762757 is October 19, 1972).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221684933418?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have never seen, however, a U.S. factory Colorado car with Navy Blue interior -- that I was convinced was original. Were this a Euro-spec car, I might be less leery of this combination. They were not "filtered" by Hoffman Motors! And, yes, anything is possible. But if the Navy Blue interior is original, my exterior color suspects would be: (1.) Chamonix, (2.) Polaris, and (3.) Fjord, all great original combinations!

The miserable paint job -- note how they painted over nosepiece and firewall damage and did NO masking in the heater/defroster plenum area -- and black-painted wheel wells suggest a possible color change to me. I'm simply saying, if you're bidding on this because you want a factory Colorado tii, you should be sending your inquiry to BMW Archives now! You'll likely have confirmation, or denial, by the time you wake up on Monday. Don't simply trust a paint sticker: replacements have been available for 42 years!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

A Colorado California tii? Or is that a California Colorado tii? Pretty cool. If VIN 2762630 is the first U.S. '73 tii, VIN 2762696 is a very early '73 (my 2762757 is October 19, 1972).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221684933418?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have never seen, however, a U.S. factory Colorado car with Navy Blue interior -- that I was convinced was original. Were this a Euro-spec car, I might be less leery of this combination. They were not "filtered" by Hoffman Motors! And, yes, anything is possible. But if the Navy Blue interior is original, my exterior color suspects would be: (1.) Chamonix, (2.) Polaris, and (3.) Fjord, all great original combinations!

The miserable paint job -- note how they painted over nosepiece and firewall damage and did NO masking in the heater/defroster plenum area -- and black-painted wheel wells suggest a possible color change to me. I'm simply saying, if you're bidding on this because you want a factory Colorado tii, you should be sending your inquiry to BMW Archives now! You'll likely have confirmation, or denial, by the time you wake up on Monday. Don't simply trust a paint sticker: replacements have been available for 42 years!

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

The previous Seller had it on ebay for over a year (he also rblt the mtr!!) and stated the original colour was Baikal. However, the trunk picture he posted seemed to prove otherwise.

post-32042-0-15499900-1423402674_thumb.j

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Nice 20 footer. Is that a 1-piece dash? Missing hardware for attaching the front bumper ends? Deep bucket grills (should be narrow for 73). What happened to the front air cleaner snorkel? Current ad missing good body pics. Would have looked so much better with more care during the respray.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

"This little rally racer is ready for the enthusiasts."

Extra rally clearance with the strut spacers still installed!

Hopefully there is loctite on the nuts holding the strut brace... seeing as how they barely catch two threads on those crunchy rubber strut mounts.

$_57.JPG

Leather seats... hehe

31,100 miles... haha

(time to add some brake fluid) 

Steve,

The previous Seller had it on ebay for over a year (he also rblt the mtr!!) and stated the original colour was Baikal. However, the trunk picture he posted seemed to prove otherwise.

Thanks, Les, for keeping track!

Yep, that's looking like a Polaris trunk.

Regards,

Steve

You guys don't miss a thing! Regarding the front air cleaner snorkle - maybe after crunching the front end the owner upgraded to an custom-tuned snorkel for the extra HP... :lol:

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

I love the super long hose clamp in the intake!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

My Tii is 2763019

Manufactured Nov. 9 1972

Looks like they sprayed the intake tract etc. silver

I think the strut brace is welded to the ring that goes all the way around the rubber and is bolted to the metal...although I have always questioned strut braces

I just think someone got tired of messing with the car and is selling it IMHO

1973 2002Tii Agave "Gerta"-----1972 2002Tii Verona project-----------2003 Porsche 911 X51-------2016 FIAT Abarth--------2003 Porsche Boxster----------2005 Honda Element

lol I absolutely LOVE this board! Lighting ads like this on fire is oh so amusing....and oh so helpful for prospective buyers!

you're right though...we may have caused a lot of folks to not buy a nice car because of our nitpicking analysis

the chatter for the most part is aimed at the cars owner and generally disrespectful of the cars themselves...

you're right though...we may have caused a lot of folks to not buy a nice car because of our nitpicking analysis

the chatter for the most part is aimed at the cars owner and generally disrespectful of the cars themselves...

well...not buying a "nice car" because of the nitpicking analysis is utlra-helpful for those ads claiming to sell something that the car isn't.....for a premium price, makes this board highly useful!  Those flippers out there who are out to make make the most bang for least amount of buck, beware...this board will get you for shoppers paying attention.

However, a car like this that is advertised honestly and is priced accordingly will surely find a happy, dedicated owner! So far the price on the car seems ok....but 6 days are left, and who knows what the owner will do with auction as the closing date looms closer, and the current price isn't to his/her liking 

The skyrocketing value of Tii's will only increase this behavior.....or maybe I'm just bitter I cant afford a Till.....=)

And no windshield washer tank. The spray nozzles are just hanging there. But with all the other details lacking that have been pointed out above, that should be no surprise.

And Les I just love that you keep up with the cars that have been for sale and changed hands (or not) over the years. And your database of cars/owners.

Also Les welcome to East Tennessee by the way.

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

This thing is at $12K already. But this is NOT an equal to the Siler, NC car that sold for $18K last week. I sense a bad case of buyer's remorse coming on for some poor soul.

Regards,

Steve