• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok, am I the only one having trouble with 250mm brake shoes?

So, I purchased the 250mm rear brake drum upgrade from IE and have run into trouble. Pretty straight forward but the shoes supplied don't have a spacer to allow for the upper spring placement. The two parts are directly riveted together and its way too tight to get the spring between the shoe and brake lever. I know I could bend the crap out of it but its just going to cause wear and sooner or later eat the spring. Jeremy at IE did send me a second set of rear shoes to try but the same problem exists. Anyone dealt with this or am I doing something incorrect?

Middle pad is my old one.

post-42021-0-23885600-1428973358_thumb.j

post-42021-0-38695800-1428973427_thumb.j

Edited by GirtAllerton

These were stock size shoes, but I had to return a set to Autozone for that some reason: No spacer between e-brake lever and shoe.  It just can't be made to work.

Another parts store ordered some OEM shoes, and they had the spacer, and worked fine. 

Edited by KFunk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

These were stock size shoes, but I had to return a set to Autozone for that some reason: No spacer between e-brake lever and shoe.  It just can't be made to work.

Another parts store ordered some OEM shoes, and they had the spacer, and worked fine.

Same thing happened to me, also with Autozone if I remember correctly.