• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay ad 2002tii ALPINA A4

rey949

Yummy...

Too bad no interior pics.

This one would be a good candidate for the next episode of Steve's "How Much Will it Go For???" game show

Ed z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Yummy...

Too bad no interior pics.

This one would be a good candidate for the next episode of Steve's "How Much Will it Go For???" game show

Ed z

There is a link on the listing for a lot more pics.

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Wait, it has a snorkel????

Blasphemy!!!

In all seriousness, good on Alpina for making use of something that was already there on many '02s. There are far too many "cold air" intake systems out there (including the factory tii airbox) that mostly ingest hot air from the engine compartment. Cooler, denser air that is drawn from outside the engine compartment does make a small difference in horsepower, which is why every real tuner/race engine builder and OEMs do it. Not rocket science.

Anyway, looks like a sweet car overall, backwards heater valve notwithstanding. And it deserves better than KYB shocks. And people don't seem to get that R-compound tires such as the Toyo R888s on this car are pointless on a street car; they will not out-grip the current crop of "extreme summer" street tires unless they are at full racetrack temperatures (which only happens on a racetrack), and they suck in anything approaching cold/wet conditions. 

(Holy crap, I am becoming part of the peanut gallery!!!)

Looks decent from here, my small nits to pick are all easily changeable. As with any car, due diligence, proceed with caution, get a PPI, etc. Will probably go for some stupid amount of money, and we will discuss it at length. Glad I got mine when I did!

Chris

Chris A.

---'73 BMW 2002tii road rally car, '86 Porsche 944 Turbo track rat, '90 Porsche 944S2 Cab daily/touring car, '81 Alfa Romeo GTV6 GT car/Copart special, '99 BMW Z3 Coupe daily driver/dog car, '74 Jensen-Healey roadster 
---other stuff

i drove this car when the PO owner finished with the engine build and A4 injection.  i didn't dare take it to 3rd gear around my twisty test drive.  compared to my stock carbureted thin tired 02, i couldn't get it to slide a little around turns at a speed i was comfortable with. 

for an amateur driver like myself, it was an education on how too much suspension goodies can actually reduce the enjoyment of tossing one of these around at a reasonable speed.  

this car started out with humble beginnings and it's a testament to the PO's dedication in putting it into its current condition.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

(Holy crap, I am becoming part of the peanut gallery!!!)...

LOL, Chris!

Whereas I found this car, in the honesty of its presentation, wholly charming! (OK, I probably would have chosen Michelin 185/70-13 XDX's on 5 1/2" Borrani rims front AND rear.)

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

(Holy crap, I am becoming part of the peanut gallery!!!)

Yeah, I'm feeling dumb about not blowing $3k on a nice '73 that had a siezed engine....  in '98...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

FYI, by its VIN, it's the 100th '73 US spec tii off the assembly line...

mike 

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

You guys are relentless. I'm glad you like me.! ;)

I noticed that heater valve and we fixed that! Lol!

Also, ever drive a road rally through mountain roads for 6 hours?! Those TOYOS are worth their weight in gold, trust me. Better than any road tire for that duty!!

Thanks for posting guys! You keep us all honest!

Rey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!