• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lumma cabrios...anybody familiar with?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anybody familiar with the Lumma cabrios conversions. Are they as well done as the Bauers. Did they properly reinforce the body. Did both Bauer and Lumma start with standard models and then do the chopping?

A Lumma is an aftermarket conversion. I loved mine and of all the cars I have had it was one of my favorites. It is not and would never be on par with a bauer. that was the great part of it though because I drove the hell out of that car! HArd turns at high speed, no real problems at all. top was a little funky on it. If you want a "real" convertible I have one of those that a guy backed out on me.

post-502-13667574176452_thumb.jpg

post-502-13667574176665_thumb.jpg

The thing I don't like about the Lumma is they keep the standard windscreen angle, which looks a bit 'sit up and beg' without a roof.

Here's one for sale in zee motherland - check out the mother of all strut braces:

p2077348.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.de/BMW-1502-Vollcabrio-Traumwagen-im-TOP-Zustand_W0QQitemZ120084846722QQihZ002QQcategoryZ9801QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Hi.

There is rarer (relatively speaking) yellow tii lumma tuning cabrio that was imported 3 or 4 years back for auction on ebay. it resides in Houston,

and last I heard it might be available..... The owner saw it on ebay and liked the look, but was having some mechanical issues when I last spoke to her.

o2cabrio

'72 02 tii

'71 02 vollcabrio

'68 1600 vollcabrio

BTW, other after market conversions ( or chop top :-) conversions ) besides Lumma Tuning include Jaymic's cabrio2 (only 1 made), never actually sold any and ABC tuning (don't know much about it). Baurs were factory built,

and BMW shipped them unfinished bodies to build the cabrio and BMW

of course sold them as a regular BMW model. There was regular BMW brochure (big format) for the 1600 convertible. There's also a extremely rare brochure from Baur which has a few pictures of the 1600 convertible being built.

(and there's rare but more common Baur brochure for the 2002 cabrio).

o2cabrio

ps. if anyone happnes to have one of the Jaymic cabrio2 brochures they wouldn't mine parting with, I'd be interested, or at least would like to have a color copy.

'72 02 tii

'71 02 vollcabrio

'68 1600 vollcabrio