• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of your Center Console...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A friend and I are working on our 'o2's and have a question with regards to center consoles. We're both in need of them, I really haven't seen many on sale at the meets. I do know a number of you have installed gauges, which I'd like to do. So what have you guys done out there? We'd love to know if their available? Where you got them or if you've fabricated parts....This is the center piece of your ride...I'd like to do something nice.

Thanks and if you could show me pics and share your ideas....That would be well appreciated.

Thanks again....Dave.

dave75verona@yahoo.com

Guest Anonymous

BTW....I have the two sides panels that construct the center console...I'm in need of a guage cluster...Mounting for tunes....Maybe a little pocket or something...I have no doubt that some of you have really been creative.

Thanks again...Dave.

BTW....I have the two sides panels that construct the center console...I'm in need of a guage cluster...Mounting for tunes....Maybe a little pocket or something...I have no doubt that some of you have really been creative.

Thanks again...Dave.

www.parkerperformance.com

M000103.gif

They have cool stuff. have I personally a Behr A/C system in my current car, so I can't install one, but everyone has nice things to say about Parker Performance's stuff.

I did, however, begin construction on one for my last car. It was a 2 section set that had a metal frame for an upper and lower console. The frame helped with ease of wiring and stuff. I kind of wish that I made to bottom section (shift surround) before the car got rear-ended. Anyway, it worked really well.

Consoleparts.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Get a 2 or 3 gauge cluster mounting and place it atop your dash, replacing the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign. By mounting 'em there, you don't have to look down and away from the road to check their readings. IMHO that's a much better spot than the console for extra gauges.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Here is a picture of the console in the yellow little car.

I used the two stock side panels and shift surround. Then I used MDF 3/4inch, a hole saw and vinyl from a local fabric store (JoAnns Fabric) to make the center piece.

9Console.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

If you have a racecar, you can do that. Gauges on the upper dash (near your field of vision), and switches in front of the shifter (easily accessible when strapped in).

DSC00100.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys...The Parker products may be exactly what I'm looking for. The idea of have the guages placed in the fasten seatbelt light location would be great. Having that information in the line of sight would be nice. I've seen it done once before but I have no idea where to get a guage cluster that would both look period and work in that locatoin. If anyone has any experience with it....I'd love to hear about it.

Great work all of you...Dave.

Here is one more. I cut the dummy (green) space for a later fog light. I use wood about an inch thick and fitted (screwed) two smaller pieces of wood onto each side of the console to provide additional support for the radio. I left space underneath the wood and between the floor of the console for hiding change, shades, etc. You can cut a thin sheet of wood or plexi and cover it with speaker felt (that fits on the floor of the console).

post-145-13667579736483_thumb.jpg

post-145-13667579737438_thumb.jpg

post-145-13667579738445_thumb.jpg

post-145-13667579743648_thumb.jpg

1976 BMW 2002: Chamonix (Anakin ... as in Vader)

1973 BMW 3.0 cs: Malaga and Polaris (OWAM & TBD)

1963 Buick Riviera (Vernal)

1935 Alaskan Malamutes (year of AKC recognition)

Mark Parker does some pretty work & is easy to deal with. If you don't get one of his consoles you can still buy gauges,senders & wiring looms etc from him. My eyes are too old to be looking for & focusing on gauges in the console so mine are going on top of the dash to the right of the other instruments in a 3 gauge pod that I got from egauges.com. I'm having to modify it a little. BMP also has a 3 gauge pod for the same location that is specifically for our cars,may look a little better & need no modification & costs more.

Just curious - has anybody ever removed the console completely and have it look good ?

Other than the stereo, which I could relocate, I don't like the looks or fit of my console and would gladly do without, assuming I can find whatever parts are required for this to look clean (might not be possible, I don't know)

If anybody has pictures no console delete, please post them ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------

73 inka 2002 w/ fuel injection & 5 speed, LSD