• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request - Please show me your center console

Squatch Pads

I'm getting ready to design my early center console and wanted to see pictures of what some of you have put together.

I want to run some gauges and switches for:

1. Driving lights

2. Rear Defrost

3. Electric Fan Override

4. Oil Pressure

5. Water Temp

6. Amp/volt?

Can you help----I've got a radio already in the mount, but don't have anywhere for speakers in this car, and really, really don't want to make holes.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

Here's a picture of what I did for mine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I used my existing sides when I removed a Behr a/c unit.

For the faceplate I used a sheet of 1/8 plastic with a textured face that I laminated to 3/16 plywood for strength.

Oil temp, oil pressure and volts for the dials. Included a standard mount in-dash CD player/radio.

Have not mounted any front speakers yet but I won't be cutting any holes in the doors, kick panels or the sides of the console. I should probably first upgrade/replace the rear speakers that are 30 years old....but that's another project.

Good luck

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii

Integrating a retractable cupholder from an Audi A6. Hardly original looking, but it's discreet when closed and I use it almost every day, works great.

I will post pics soon but the cup holder idea works wonders for me as well. Thanks Tom

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti