• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

throwout bearing dilema

jan1968

I am replacing my clutch components from a 5 speed (228mm flywheel) and I have twice unsuccessfully got the wrong throw out bearing (I think).

I was told and cross referenced another website that existing tob that I have is from a 323i model with a part number 21 51 1 204 525. I checked bavarian autosports website and found an exact photo of the tob with the correct part number but when I received the new tob I can't help but notice how different they are in materials used (new one has plastic, old one was all metal) and slight height difference.

Is this replacement part correct?

Thanks in advance.

post-14545-13667604709669_thumb.jpg

post-14545-13667604710654_thumb.jpg

73 inka

They don't make the all metal ones any more. The critical distance is between the face of the bearing that rides on the pressure plate and the shoulder that rides on the fork, those be the same; the length of the tail is irrelevant, your letting the tail wag the do

PS - other than the old one worked, what made it the "right" one?

I use the 323 #

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe