• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Tip! By ought2...oooohhh

Scott Sislane

I got my red tip for a buck. Guy was selling a red tip antenna(he didn"t know it' s value) with a bent mast and pitted chrome. I took the red bugger off---heated up my modern Hirsch antenna and it softened up the red bugger and slid right on in place of the old one black cap.

dlm

I just took some wire snippers and worked the black plastic tip off. Then I used clear hot-melt to adhere it to the metal mast. I put the hot liquid hot-melt on the hole, then pushed it onto the mast, forcing the hot-melt around the mast & in the hole of the tip.

The "Red Tip" Hirschmann antenna was available back then. Not sure if if was stock or...??? Ought2?

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I just took some wire snippers and worked the black plastic tip off. Then I used clear hot-melt to adhere it to the metal mast. I put the hot liquid hot-melt on the hole, then pushed it onto the mast, forcing the hot-melt around the mast & in the hole of the tip.

The "Red Tip" Hirschmann antenna was available back then. Not sure if if was stock or...??? Ought2?

Thanks Sislane, always liked to look on the very few I have seen, but wasn't sure if it was stock or aftermarket.

Ought2 says this one I have is the tulip shape. He also will be making a smaller diamond shape one too. I guess from what he says, all the antennas were aftermarket since none of the cars arrived in the states with a radio in them. (?)

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg