• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW1600/67/CA68/4sale$19,700.00 (nt)

Lucian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True ..... I bought the car from this fellow and he was in process making it a race car .... so far he had put race springs all around but only shocks in back the front shocks were worn so? also he was about to pull the ac out to lighten the car? .... the windows were not in alignment and passenger window would not go up all the way and the int door pull was off track and in opp .... he had put the wood face dash because of tach and on and on .... he was about to pull engine and put in newer faster eng ..... so I feel I saved this little car from a bad faith ...... and I will cont to list improvements to the car from myself, others, good people I contacted from the forum, Bruno/David German Car Service Santa Monica, Ken Vintage BMW Racing, 2002 AD ... etc ...... who ever did the paint did do good job but my race guy put a race sticker on the back left and that also I trying to take off with out taking paint also (a friend said he can do it with heat) in process also when the fellow put the car for sell he took photos of when he bought it ... before he did all this stuff and did not list items to be address ..... so in photos of sale it all looks well but after a 40 year marriage he divorced and thought he would become a racer ..... any way here she is and I have had my car since 1971 and just liked this little one enough to buy .... now after the excitement I do not need 2 cars .... I also have motorcycles to ride therefore that side of the story and back to the restore ... I will cont outline items to address and things that have been improved ... example back to original springs and new shocks in front and 3 dot's for leveling, ac repaired and working bushings for the gear shift, 3 flex couplings ..... and so on 1600-02 fun continuing .... Lucian

'67 BMW 1600-2 Sahara/Brown 133,000 ..'73 BMW R90/6 Blk/White pin/s 155,000

BMW 1600 information, a member Sam had me write Andreas at BMW Group Classic for manuf info as follows: BMW 1600 US Vin 1561224 was manuf on Nov 3rd 1967 and delivered on Nov 8th, 1967 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp in New York City. The original colour was Sahara paint code 006...... sidebar .....Hoffman Motors Corp was a fellow named Max Hoffman and I got to meet him once in Beverly Hills, CA 1985 in a office I was working, he had a rep of being a tiger 6 months later he dropped dead of heart attack, he cont to tiger up to that check out point.

'67 BMW 1600-2 Sahara/Brown 133,000 ..'73 BMW R90/6 Blk/White pin/s 155,000

The Anamera pictures here... I didn't see this thread before I posted the other one.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/p,686237

What a sweet mostly original car!

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...